Digester Cooking Aid
The need for Cooking Performance Enhancers (CPE) / cooking aids
CPE / cooking aids are used to enhance cooking liquor penetration throughout the chips as well as to improve the diffusion process, thus facilitating uniform cooking.
Additional benefits include:
- Reduction of Kappa number variations.
- Reduction of cooking liquor consumption.
- Reduction of knotter rejects.
- Reduction of bleaching chemicals requirement.
- Reduction of black liquor solids to recovery.
- Improvement on pulp de-resination.
- Improvement on pulp viscosity.
- Improvement on washing operations and cleaner pulp.
- Increased production rate.
- Lowering of DCM Extractives content in pulp.
CPE / cooking aids are normally dosed at the suction of the white liquor dosing pump. The dosage rate varies from 0.60 – 1.20 kg/Adt pulp depending on the raw material and primary objectives.
There are primarily 2 main categories of CPE / cooking aids:
- A blend of non-ionic surfactants (in different HLB ratios and EO).
- A blend of surfactant with anthraquinone in different ratios.
Amazon Papyrus has a range of CPE / cooking aids for different fibrous raw materials such as eucalyptus, pine, acacia, mixed hardwood, bagasse, bamboo, straw, grasses and specific purposes. These products are suitable for use in different kinds of digesters including Batch, Continuous, Tube and M&D digesters.
Our team of professionals would work with you to select the most appropriate products to meet your specific needs.