How It Helps
CPE / cooking aids enhance cooking liquor penetration throughout the chips and improve the diffusion process, thus facilitating uniform cooking.
Additional benefits include:
- Reduction of Kappa number variations.
- Reduction of cooking liquor consumption.
- Reduction of knotter rejects.
- Reduction of bleaching chemicals requirement.
- Reduction of black liquor solids to recovery.
- Improvement on pulp de-resignation.
- Improvement in pulp viscosity.
- Improvement in washing operations and cleaner pulp.
- Increased production rate.
- Lowering of DCM Extractives content in the pulp.
CPE / cooking aids are typically dosed at the suction of the white liquor dosing pump. The dosage rate varies from 0.60 – 1.20 kg/Adt pulp depending on the raw material and primary objectives.
There are two main categories of CPE / cooking aids: A blend of non-ionic surfactants (in different HLB ratios and EO) and a combination of surfactants with anthraquinone in different proportions. Amazon Papyrus has a range of CPE / cooking aids for different fibrous raw materials such as eucalyptus, pine, acacia, mixed hardwood, bagasse, bamboo, straw, grasses and specific purposes. These products are suitable for use in different digesters, including Batch, Continuous, Tube and M&D digesters. Our professionals will work with you to select the most appropriate products to meet your needs.