How It Helps
Slag (deposit) formation takes place on Recovery boiler bank and super heater tubes over time. Flue gas passage areas are reduced by increasing differential pressure, lowering heat transfer and increasing demand for soot blowing. Black liquor solid firing rate reduces.
Recovery boiler is usually required to stop after 4-6 months of running for water wash to dislodge slag formed on the boiler bank and superheater.
The stop resulted in a considerable loss of production capacity (30-40 hours), power generation, alkali (washed soda) and a large quantity of fuel oil required during the stop/restart of recovery boilers and interruptions in pulp quality. All this can be avoided with Amazon's Slag Control program. Recovery Boiler can run continuously at full load for about 12 months (require just one stoppage during annual shut). Increase pulp production equivalent to 5-6 days a year, along with consistent steam and power generation. In addition, the Amazon Slag Control program also helps lower TSS in GL, WL and reduces the energy required at the lime kiln.
Lime mud Dewatering Aids
Fuel cost for lime kiln operation is one of the most significant expenses in pulp mills. Any product technology which can lower costs is highly welcomed. Lime mud dewatering aids are a blend of different surfactants.
These products work via two primary mechanisms, increased Dewatering and increased Washing (including foam and soda loss control).
The use of lime mud dewatering aids provides:
- Improved water removal at the pre-coat lime mud filter and increased fuel efficiency of the lime kiln. In essence, the calcite particle surface converts from hydrophilic to hydrophobic. Most importantly, the originally sorbed water is displaced and is now free water that can be removed easily with the pre-coat filter vacuum.
- Reduced levels of Total Reduced Sulphur (TRS) emissions from the lime kiln.
Lime mud dewatering aids are typically dosed at the inlet to the pre-coat lime mud filter and in small quantities in the spray shower. Dosage levels vary between 0.20 to 0.40 kg/ton lime mud (CaCO3) or 0.40 to 0.70 kg/ton re-burnt lime (CaO).
Amazon Papyrus AmiSperse AP / AmiPac AP series has a range of lime mud dewatering aids for different lime mud dewatering systems (simple drum washer, drum with CPR or multi-disc filters), raw materials and specific purposes. Our team of professionals would work with you to select the most appropriate products to meet your specific needs.
Green & White Liquor Clarifications
The need for green and white liquor clarifying aids Clarification aids are typically high molecular weight, anionic powder polymers. Green and white liquor clarifying aids are mainly used to improve the clarity of green and white liquor, keeping the TSS below 50 ppm in green liquor and below 20 ppm in white liquor. Clarification aids are effective settling aids used to minimise the suspended solids in green liquor and clarify white liquor suspended solids.
The use of green and white liquor clarifying aids provides the following benefits:
- Improved settling rate of dregs and other suspended solids in the green liquor clarifiers.
- Improved clarity of green liquor.
- Improved filtration of dregs and washing efficiency in the dreg washer.
- Increased causticising efficiency in white liquor by removing heavy metals and the dregs in the dregs washer.
- Reduced NPE carryover in the liquor cycle.
- Reduced level of dirt and colour reversion caused by carbon and iron particles in the bleached pulp.
Green and white liquor clarifying aids are usually dosed to the green and white liquor clarifiers at the inlets. Dosage levels for green liquor range from 2-4ppm, and for white liquor, 0.5-1.0 ppm.
Amazon papyrus has a range of green and white liquor clarifying aids for different raw materials and specific purposes. Our team of professionals will work with you to select the most appropriate products to meet your specific needs.